X comsumption so high??got problem with exhaust workshop!

went up to KL by 2nd link n realise X consumption so bad!!I topped up at the first petrol kiosk after toll n cannot even last till Ayer Keroh rest stop!!(AK is around 198km mark).At 165km mark it is flashing amber liao...is this normal??I am running stock n speed cut removed..

CountDooku

Staff member
Re: X comsumption so high??

sparco635 said:
went up to KL by 2nd link n realise X consumption so bad!!I topped up at the first petrol kiosk after toll n cannot even last till Ayer Keroh rest stop!!(AK is around 198km mark).At 165km mark it is flashing amber liao...is this normal??I am running stock n speed cut removed..
hey bro. i'm running a fully stock car with no mods and no speed cut removal.

i top up at esso after 2nd link toll and when i reach ayer keroh it's exactly half tank.. i just spent RM $80 at ayer keroh yesterday topping up to full tank b4 proceeding to sepang. think alot has to do with how u drive? what's your average speed on the highway? i do 150-190km bursts followed by 120km runs if my oil temp exceeds 100.

CountDokoo said:
sparco635 said:

i top up at esso after 2nd link toll and when i reach ayer keroh it's exactly half tank.. i just spent RM $80 at ayer keroh yesterday topping up to full tank b4 proceeding to sepang. think alot has to do with how u drive? what's your average speed on the highway? i do 150-190km bursts followed by 120km runs if my oil temp exceeds 100.
as i was travelling with convoy,average speed is around 220km/h.short burst of 250km/h also happen quite often cos a 335ci is leading the pack n a porsche GT3 is behind me,heehee.the rpm almost went redline at times n the max temp i reach was around 105.i tried very hard not to boost over 1 bar but still no use.handling was superb as i can see in front of me a LGT was struggling to keep up with the pace but he still got half a tank with i run completely out!wat a shocker :roll:

Ichimaru

sparco635 said:
CountDokoo said:
sparco635 said:

as i was travelling with convoy,average speed is around 220km/h.short burst of 250km/h also happen quite often cos a 335ci is leading the pack n a porsche GT3 is behind me,heehee.the rpm almost went redline at times n the max temp i reach was around 105.i tried very hard not to boost over 1 bar but still no use.handling was superb as i can see in front of me a LGT was struggling to keep up with the pace but he still got half a tank with i run completely out!wat a shocker :roll:
you pay more for that better handling... other wise you could have just bought a Wrx =D

sparco635 said:
sorry to be noob.. but what is a "LGT"?

Hi guys i got another question to ask but i dun want to open so many threads....please answer me honestly n give me YOUR personal opinion n wat should i do.

Around may when i collect my X there is not much after market parts out yet.after changing the rims at poh heng,i went to a renowed exhaust shop(i will say wat shop later) to 'open' the exhaust cos i intend to join a convoy to go up north,thus wan the car to be more powerful.they ask me to open the cat converter but i refuse...instead i agree to let them do open pod(cold air intake).i even change the exhaust tip around 220.i also installed a Apexi RSM with them.(they do until 9pm then say the RSM cannot work)

During the drive up north i find the car super lack of power.if u let me guess i would say it only got around 120BHP even boosting at 1.2bar.around 2.5k rpm it will give a "weeeeeh"sound.my twin exhaust suppose to emit out gases at both sides but only one is working.it realli spoilt my trip up north so i took the car back to the shop after the trip.

They opened up the exhaust only to find there is nothing wrong.they also dunno why only one side is working.2ndly they cannot find out wat the "weeeeeh sound"is about.they also dunno wat the problem when i told them about the power lack.so no choice i got to sought help from other tuner.

Went to GR n was told to leave the car there they will see wat happen.when i got back i was stunned cost the car was repaired n the total bill is 1.4k.(yup i did a HKS speed delimiter for 750).here was the shocking news....1.the cold air intake(mushroom)is too small for evos....2.the boost solenoid is broken(next to the mushroom)it cost around 485.that explain the "wheeee" sound.....3.they say the exhaust must open up then know wats wrong how come one side only.

my question is...wat if the exhaust shop deny responsibilities about the boost solenoid n they refuse to aknowledge the failure of the twin exhaust?the only thing they did is to refund the mushroom(cold air intake)when they realise its the wrong size.am i right to insist claim or demand my car back to the original condition????pls help.

cwestevoX said:
hi pek, LGT = Subaru Legacy GT 2.5.. how are you bro?
haha. I see. Thank you. thank You. and me... haha. I a bit sad loh. cos malaysia petrol now cost 2.7rm for my bike. :(

I appreciate guys who give advice to my problems..although u guys didn reply to the thread,i really appreciate ur help,even by means of PM.the sad thing is so there is no way i can claim my damage?well then i treat it as lesson learned n ppl who wan to know which workshop can PM me.the reason is i do not want to reveal which workshop in this thread is because there is always both sides of story,so they still derserve the benefit of doubt.i also do not wan the public to know as it is not my objective.the only sentence i find it hard to swallow when i tried to ask for a refund was"if buy something that is faulty,sometimes u must consider urself unlucky so forget it n move on"......haiz

chriz4

Bro, i can understand how you feel.... You can demand some form of compensation from the workshop base on GR analysis and repair costs. But its really up to the workshop if they want to give some goodwill to you to protect their reputation. Its a 50/50 chance if they'll do something for you.

In future, may i suggest not to be too eager to mod yr car w/o carefully researching on the type of mods and getting valuable feedback from the bros and seniors here.

I wish you all the best and hope there's a happy ending for you and yr Evo.

gtpek said:
cwestevoX said:
hi pek, LGT = Subaru Legacy GT 2.5.. how are you bro?
haha. I see. Thank you. thank You. and me... haha. I a bit sad loh. cos malaysia petrol now cost 2.7rm for my bike. :(
For me even worse, at least U get to drive your X around. I have to wait for another two months (tentative only) for my SST to be sent from Japan. Really sad and not feeling good. Anyway you have PM!!

cwestevoX said:
For me even worse, at least U get to drive your X around. I have to wait for another two months (tentative only) for my SST to be sent from Japan. Really sad and not feeling good. Anyway you have PM!!
haha. ya. waiting is the most painful. :)

My advise is to pay and move on. Take things with a pinch of salt.

That's partly the price u paid for owing a performance car.

I did learn... from many many Bad / sad / frustrated / agonizing experiences :lol:

I'm sure many bros here do too thus comms thru PMs.

1.5bar said:
My advise is to pay and move on. Take things with a pinch of salt.

That's partly the price u paid for owing a performance car.

I did learn... from many many Bad / sad / frustrated / agonizing experiences :lol:

I'm sure many bros here do too thus comms thru PMs.
hi there thanks for ur advice...already moved on already as advised from all of u here.I find it hard to take it lying down as me myself is a end-product sales n service business owner too.i cant accept wat the boss had said,to take it as bad experience n move on,shucks.

Pay a bit more and go to the REAL people who know how to handle EVOs, not those half-baked workshops who THINK they can mod EVO....
I agree with you. Consider the $$$ for a lesson learnt.
(pssss... can pm me the workshop name??)

Can share which workshop is this? Would like to avoid it in future. Cheers bro.

klumpkeTT said:
Pay a bit more and go to the REAL people who know how to handle EVOs, not those half-baked workshops who THINK they can mod EVO....
I agree with you. Consider the $$$ for a lesson learnt.
(pssss... can pm me the workshop name??)

Apparently quite a few members here got similiar experience like mine in the same workshop!!oh my god but how come their business still so good??even GTR patronised them..they r not trained to handle new models...gosh