Uh Oh! GP is off limits liao...


Staff member
http://www.nst.com.my/Current_News/nst/ ... index_html

Swoop on illegal racers
10 Jul 2006
Lau Meisan

JOHOR BARU: It was a mammoth operation involving a helicopter, 140 policemen on motorcycles and 10 police cars.

It was like a scene from the movie Fast and Furious, with cars and motorcycles revving their engines and hundreds of spectators jostling for positions at 2am yesterday.

The night sky was suddenly illuminated by a searchlight and by the sound of whirling helicopter blades.

It was near-pandemonium as the 600 people who had gathered at the access road to the Second Link bridge at Gelang Patah got into their vehicles and tried to escape.

But the police team was well prepared, with the helicopter circling overhead, the men in blue on motorcycles, and patrol cars blocking the 10 exits around the area to round up the illegal racers and their spectators.

At the end of the operation around 5am, about 600 people were brought to the Johor Baru North police station for their particulars to be taken.

Johor Baru North traffic police chief Inspector Bakri Zainal Abidin said 34 people were detained for illegal racing, including two civil servants and two students.

More than 400 cars and 150 motorcycles, including some with Singapore registration plates, were impounded.

The weekly races offered winners lucrative cash prizes and the promise of sexual favours from young women.

The races have attracted hundreds of people, participants and spectators, mostly youths, over the past three months.

Minutes before police moved in yesterday, spectators who had parked their vehicles by the roadside were cheering as the motorcycles and cars lined up.

With engines revving and horns blaring, everyone was anticipating the race’s start when the spotlight from the sky put paid to their plans.

The three-km, six-lane stretch of road was being turned into a racing circuit every weekend, making life difficult for residents in the area.

On receiving complaints from residents, police had checked out the activities before launching the operation.

"This is a major link from Gelang Patah to the highway, but residents said the road was inaccessible to them ever since the illegal races started.

"We are investigating whether the races involved betting, and who was organising them," Bakri said.

He said those found guilty of illegal racing face a jail term up to five years and a maximum fine of RM15,000.

"We decided to let off the spectators with a warning this time. In future, they will be charged and face a fine of RM2,000."


Weekend racing track

JOHOR BARU: The expressway access road from the Second Link Highway to Gelang Patah, a small town about 30km from Johor Baru, turned into an illegal racing track on weekends.

Cars and motorcycles sped along the three-kilometre stretch while hundreds of spectators parked their vehicles along the road to cheer the racers.

Among those who gathered at the venue were local youths and Singaporeans in luxury cars such as Mercedes Benz, Porsche and Mitsubishi Evolution.

Many of the vehicles used by the racers had modified engines.

The residents of Gelang Patah had been up in arms for the past three months because of the noise from the modified engines and the large crowds which gathered there in the small hours of the night.

Got sexual favors?? How come no one told me about it :twisted: haha


Well-Known Member
wow... thats serious.... BK u wan sexual favours, u must go to geylang in singapore... no need gelang patah..... don't go wrong place hor... kekeke :D


Staff member
Evo9161 said:
wow... thats serious.... BK u wan sexual favours, u must go to geylang in singapore... no need gelang patah..... don't go wrong place hor... kekeke :D
Haha now we know why ppl lup big turbo liao :p

Heng ah.. I still on stock block and turbo



wah, so happening wor, just like in the movies wor... BK come, this weekend we go n take part, maybe can get sexual favours from young women also :D


Staff member
IceZone said:
wah, so happening wor, just like in the movies wor... BK come, this weekend we go n take part, maybe can get sexual favours from young women also :D
Yeah lor I oso din know so happening one :p

Must go look for m3lon liao :wink:

No wonder everytime zhng his chia



Well-Known Member
still can laugh?! .... recently newspaper reported a chef was sent to jail in China coz he used his wok to beat a cop ---- ended up as 'jailhouse wok'...

if someone gets the favour in jail as you have said, what we call him? --- 'jailhouse kok'? ...... lagi scary....


more on this

http://newpaper.asia1.com.sg/news/story ... 80,00.html?

Detained at road block for hours, S'porean claims M'sian police told her:
Need the loo? Do it in bushes
By Zubaidah Nazeer

July 11, 2006

HUNDREDS of cars were stopped on the highway by the Malaysian police early yesterday morning.

They were held up for hours as helicopters swooped in and documents were confiscated.

Travellers, including many Singaporeans, had to go without water and food. Even toilet breaks proved to be difficult.

Later, a long line of cars was escorted to a police station, where there was more waiting.

It was mid-morning before some of the Singaporeans got back.

The road block was near Gelang Patah on the Second Link highway in Johor, and one of those held up said she heard the police mention illegal racing.

Ms Siti (not her real name), a customer service officer, said she was with nine friends.

They had driven from Singapore to Pasir Gudang in six cars.

There, Ms Siti, 25, claims they watched a legal car race at 11pm on Saturday.

Around 1.45am, the group left.

Ms Siti said she saw two helicopters circling above the massive jam and that one of them landed on the road.
They headed to the Second Link to meet a friend who was waiting for them at the petrol station near the Malaysian checkpoint. They planned to go for supper after that.

The cars - all travelling one behind the other on the left lane at about 100kmh - passed a highway toll booth near Gelang Patah.


Then, as they neared the road leading to the Second Link, they were stopped by the police.

Ms Siti noticed more cars in front. After about 20 minutes, they were waved to move on.

Less than five minutes later, about 2km away, they noticed a jam.

This is where their nightmare began.

Said Ms Siti: 'We saw something like 300 cars. We thought it was strange that there were so many cars at this time of the night.'

About 50 of these cars had Singapore plates, she and her friends estimated.

She saw three patrol cars and more police officers stopping cars.

Her friend, Kevin, 26 (who also did not want his full name revealed), claimed: 'I asked the police officers what's going on and he just said, 'Shut up and wait'.'

The Subaru WRX driver, who was leading the group, was then asked to surrender his passport, identity card and driver's licence.

Said another member of the group, Mr Syamsul Mohd, 33, a civil servant: 'I was told to give my passport, but my friend, who was also in my car, was not asked for any documents.'

Added Ms Siti: 'The police officers were speaking in Malay and told us we had been caught for illegal racing.' Said Mr Kevin: 'It was a massive jam. I saw uncles and aunties, some in family saloon cars, stuck in the roadblock.'

The cars were inching forward and were being guided to U-turn on to the other side of the road to form two lines - one for Singapore-registered cars and the other for Malaysian ones.

Said Ms Siti: 'I saw two helicopters circling. Then one of them somehow landed on the road.

'I saw people coming out of their cars to take pictures and videotape the whole thing.'

She also spotted photographers, possibly from the media.

They were stuck there for nearly three hours.

Said Mr Syamsul: 'It was getting irritating. We did not know why we were targeted and stopped.'

Ms Siti claimed: 'I wanted to go to the toilet, so I told a police officer to let us off, but he just told me to do it in the bushes like how the men do.

She also saw motorcyclists with big bikes stopped.

Just before 5am, they were instructed to follow each other in a line. A Malaysian police car was leading the line with another one at the end.

They arrived at Skudai Police Station and were told to park in the compound. There were about 200 cars there, they estimated.


Said Mr Kevin: 'The officers asked me for my car keys and said they wanted to hold my car to check for illegal modifications. They told me I can come back on Tuesday.

'I asked why they need it and they accused me of challenging them. Then one officer told me if I wanted to challenge him, challenge him in court.'

He added: 'I just kept quiet because I did not want to anger them anymore... But I was upset.'

He tried calling numbers back home, and even the Singapore High Commission in Kuala Lumpur, but he couldn't get anyone.

Said Mr Syamsul: 'No one attended to us. The officers looked busy and none of us dared to question them.'

Five hours into their ordeal and none of them had any food or water.

So Mr Kevin walked a kilometre to the nearest petrol station as shops in nearby Skudai Parade had not opened yet, to get some pastries and water for himself and his friends.

Mr Syamsul claimed: 'When we asked to go to the toilet, the officers told us to join a queue for two cubicles for hundreds of us.'

Around 9am, names were called out one at a time. Those called were given back their documents and told they could drive off.

Mr Syamsul recalled the officers going through a handwritten list of car numbers and just telling him he could go off, with no explanation.

At first, the police officers told Mr Kevin he could not leave.

Said Ms Siti: 'We demanded to know why and what proof they had. We kept demanding until the officers talked among themselves and, just like that, they released him.'

By the time they made their way back to Singapore, Ms Siti was late for her 9am shift at work and called in sick.

Mr Kevin, who runs his own logistics business, had to cancel an appointment in the morning, and his girlfriend, who was with him, rushed to work at 11am.

When The New Paper contacted the Skudai police station, a spokesman confirmed that they had a roadblock operation early yesterday morning.

But she declined to give more details.


looks like tiong chia always kenna targeted one, even if the driver is just going about minding his own business.. sigh..


DoggieHowser said:
Yeah lor, now yr GT Wing so big :) better siam a bit

Heard my grey twin oso kena stopped today...
yah lor, so suay hor... u all the bodykit too fierce liao mah


Landing a chopper on the expressway (ie. an unprepared pad at night) crowded with people and cars was probably very dramatic but its would have been a disaster if something went wrong.

Maybe the police officer in charge of the operation was on board and was making a grand entrance. :lol:


New Member
I think they are having such major ops bcos recently there have been serious accident, one of which killing an old lady. That's why they are so on. Yesteday's TODAY's paper saying that the Malaysian TP said that the Singapore's car race is on friday nite and Malaysian's car race is on Saturday nite.

heard from some frens that some singapore cars already kena caught 2 weeks back. The Singapore cars were dragging there, then the Malaysian TP came. And was identify as the Federal Police from KL. Whne trying to offered money to them. And they said NO.

Similar threads