Tan Chong GT-R

Strangezz

nismofans said:
apparently Tan Chong also parallel import the GTRs as Nissan did not gave them any allocation.

juz sharing what i heard.

cheers 8)
Say what? :shock:

If true, this would be a first!!

BK, its at Bukit Timah TC branch.. they display the car at the back inside of their premises. Their version is the GT-R black version. omv abt 117k.. prices about 320 to 330k i wanted the premium version which have the reverse camera. they will check for me on monday.

Strangezz

lamts said:
BK, its at Bukit Timah TC branch.. they display the car at the back inside of their premises. Their version is the GT-R black version. omv abt 117k.. prices about 320 to 330k i wanted the premium version which have the reverse camera. they will check for me on monday.
Any idea if TC bringing in all that expensive diagnostic equipment?

BK........Tan Chong is bringing the car in under their subsidiary "Down Town" which was originally set up for car rentals. Now they are also into parallel imports. From what I understand, if you by from "Down Town", you will get the usual warranties from Tan Chong. Not sure what is the duration or the terms. You will probably have to ask them when you see the car.

Cheers. 8) 8) 8)

DoggieHowser said:
which branch is it!? ;)

Yes, TC is bringing in the diagnostics equipment for this car. The car is brought in by one of their subsidiary company .. the sales guy said TC cannot bring in domestics models. The warranty is for 1 year and by TC motors.

As the car is JDM, its in japanese and it is speed limited to 180km/h.. :-( but think this can be easily overcome right?
but the engine note is very very nice. :p

Hi Big S.. long time no see.. trust you are fine.. :p[/quote]

All is good.

When you get the keys, I will come a calling for a ride. Cheers.[/quote]

Glad to hear all is good.
Hopefully can... but if no reverse camera, then parking may be problem.. not every-time can park head in and its quite a bulky car.

Strangezz

lamts said:
Yes, TC is bringing in the diagnostics equipment for this car. The car is brought in by one of their subsidiary company .. the sales guy said TC cannot bring in domestics models. The warranty is for 1 year and by TC motors.

As the car is JDM, its in japanese and it is speed limited to 180km/h.. :-( but think this can be easily overcome right?
but the engine note is very very nice. :p
Hmm...but to overcome it normally means void TC warranty...

Wonder if they will warranty fitting Nismo ecu? :D

DoggieHowser said:
lam, the reverse camera is an option on all 3 cars. No need to get the Premium edition.
Oh, i was told the premium edition comes as standard and is factory fitted. Anyway thanks for the info. :)

Went down just now and here's what I found out:

1. The car is JDM, same as those u get from other PIs.

2. Price is S$333k nett.

3. They have 7 coming in, which can be registered right after CNY or thereabouts. All are premium, but no details on other options e.g. LED, cameras etc.

4. The one on display looks like Titanium Grey (only saw pics cos it was locked up)

5. Viewing is by appt only, weekdays during office hours, else alternate arrangements must be made. Call TC. The car is stored behind the front area so u can't stop by for a quick look.

6. Warranty is 20k kms or 1yr.

7. As I said, car is JDM so computer etc. is in Japanese.

8. The OMV is @ 117k.

9. The support personnel it appears have not been trained so no details on support/diagnostics etc were available when I spoke to them.

cheers!