Speed Limiter Removed!

here's some confirmed info on how to remove the speed limiter:

http://www.kanzenperformance.com/DemoCarR35.html

you can buy the MINES VX-ROM .. a reflash at the moment is 126000YEN or about S$1650. Shipping to SG is 11500YEN or about S$150.
You'll have to ship your ECU to MINES to have it reflashed and they'll send it back in about 1 week. They're taking orders in about 2 weeks time ... from 1st Feb, they'll have ready ECUs that you can buy (i.e. no need to send in your ECU for a reflash). Pricing for that is not yet available.

The reflash is for various OCTANE levels and to remove the speed limiter.

Their exhaust system is also available at 380000YEN or S$5k.

Exhaust + VX-ROM brings power to about 520-530HP !!

Look at the cost of the brake pads ... 94000YEN !! wow ... and the ESTA Suspension III - almost S$15k .... man that's pricey!!

Strangezz

KingAbarth said:
so how many is officially reg on our roads?

i guess the black one from 1st automobile is reg.. anymore?
So far i think none are reg yet. A friend just went down recently to First and said the car was still in the showroom....might have been reg by now though.

Strangezz said:
KingAbarth said:
so how many is officially reg on our roads?

i guess the black one from 1st automobile is reg.. anymore?
So far i think none are reg yet. A friend just went down recently to First and said the car was still in the showroom....might have been reg by now though.
Really?

When i was there, they said the car would be reg by 1st week of Jan.
Possibly making to the Feb track day...

Strangezz

KingAbarth said:
Really?

When i was there, they said the car would be reg by 1st week of Jan.
Possibly making to the Feb track day...
Yep...i was told the same thing when i went to first. Maybe LTA still on New Year Holiday mood!! :D

I think the owner go track day also sian...drive a car capable of 300km/h but limited to 180km/h...

actually.. wrt the limiter, read that if you set to circuit mood in Jpn, the ecu will remove the limiter..

so if outside jpn, u shld be able to 'set' this and remove the limiter...

unless there is some other sequence that doesnt allow this if outside of jpn...

Strangezz

KingAbarth said:
actually.. wrt the limiter, read that if you set to circuit mood in Jpn, the ecu will remove the limiter..

Yep, read something like that too...a screen will then appear to warn you of the consequences and once you accept, Nissan voids your car's warranty! Mite not be a prob wif PI cars though unless they want to follow Nissan rules & regs! :evil:

But there are some stories that it's tied to GPS and this function only works at JPN GPS-recognized tracks...dunno how true this is though. If true, I doubt Sepang will be on Nissan's list of GPS-recognized tracks!! :D

true.. the GPS only recog the jipun mag..

question is if out of jipun, can you go to that page to set it up? too bad i din get to play ard when i was in the car.. hehe

i guess the only option to remove the speed limter would be using the Mines ECU...

Strangezz

KingAbarth said:
true.. the GPS only recog the jipun mag..

question is if out of jipun, can you go to that page to set it up? too bad i din get to play ard when i was in the car.. hehe

i guess the only option to remove the speed limter would be using the Mines ECU...
My guess is for region authorised distributor cars, they prob have region-specific ecus fitted. Especially since octane levels in local petrol might be an issue. Or the local distributor might just request for no-track-mode ecus to protect their warranties. This is just my guess though...

Options will have a lot...Mine's for now...later sure to have Jun, Nismo, Fcon, PFC etc etc! :D

I can just imagine the JPN tuning houses...get the gtr like unwrapping Christmas present! :twisted:

Yup.

Saw the pictures in TAS...

all the tuning houses already have some option released..

currently the most expensive mod is the coilover at 15k SGD.

Strangezz said:
KingAbarth said:

Yep, read something like that too...a screen will then appear to warn you of the consequences and once you accept, Nissan voids your car's warranty! Mite not be a prob wif PI cars though unless they want to follow Nissan rules & regs! :evil:

But there are some stories that it's tied to GPS and this function only works at JPN GPS-recognized tracks...dunno how true this is though. If true, I doubt Sepang will be on Nissan's list of GPS-recognized tracks!! :D
i'm wondering if it can be used to deactivate the speed limiter in SG too ... it's under the multi-function screen number 2, option 19. Just reply "HAI" (YES) twice ... and your warranty is voided ha ha. It then sets one of the mini screens to say "CIRCUIT" and you can be off!!

but this only works when they recognise you to be in a circuit .... dont think it'll work in singapore ..

i heard that the first autmobile one will be registered on 9th Feb ... and i also heard that a second one has arrived in SG, also in black .. it was ST Powered today and i think they were fiddling with the speed limiter too see if it can be removed ... couldnt find a solution but i was told that it shouldnt be a problem ... other than that, seems like MINES is the only way to go ....

Strangezz

alfcanada said:
they were fiddling with the speed limiter too see if it can be removed ... couldnt find a solution but i was told that it shouldnt be a problem ... other than that, seems like MINES is the only way to go ....
Personally, i wouldn't install any rev-cut/speed-cut removers or boost controllers for that matter. With the amount of electronics in this car, splice 1 wrong wire confirm ho sey liao! PNP looks the best way to go! :D

alfcanada said:
Strangezz said:
KingAbarth said:

i'm wondering if it can be used to deactivate the speed limiter in SG too ... it's under the multi-function screen number 2, option 19. Just reply "HAI" (YES) twice ... and your warranty is voided ha ha. It then sets one of the mini screens to say "CIRCUIT" and you can be off!!

but this only works when they recognise you to be in a circuit .... dont think it'll work in singapore ..

i heard that the first autmobile one will be registered on 9th Feb ... and i also heard that a second one has arrived in SG, also in black .. it was ST Powered today and i think they were fiddling with the speed limiter too see if it can be removed ... couldnt find a solution but i was told that it shouldnt be a problem ... other than that, seems like MINES is the only way to go ....

Understood that the guys in HK had tried to switch the circuit mood on, but the GPS doesnt respond to it. so no go...

Im sure HKS, mines and the likes would already have a solution..
The HKS IC pipings looks nice.. and the BOV.. not sure what model is that.. SSQV look alike but bigger and thicker..

Abarth,
I'm with you on that one, i'd rather just do PNP and get it done with .. after all it's not that ex when you consider the price of the car ... S$1650 for peace of mind is pretty ok .... plus, when you pair with the MINES Titan exhaust, you're talking 520HP - 530HP straight away ... :shock: :shock:

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

and if you're really impatient, can take a trip to japan to get it done .. ha ha 8)

alfcanada said:
Abarth,
I'm with you on that one, i'd rather just do PNP and get it done with .. after all it's not that ex when you consider the price of the car ... S$1650 for peace of mind is pretty ok .... plus, when you pair with the MINES Titan exhaust, you're talking 520HP - 530HP straight away ... :shock: :shock:

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

and if you're really impatient, can take a trip to japan to get it done .. ha ha 8)
yup.. 520 is probably only due to slight increase of boost level... saw the dyno graph, and the car seems to run richer instead of leaner... can tweak abit more...

just that with the exhaust, i dun think any of the shop in SG will get it approved.. or will they...

V6 romping down the straights with some bad ass exhaust... that would be a nice 'sight'.