(SOLD) KOYO 55MM Dual Core Radiator

:D It's sold!
~~~~~~~~~~~
Hi,

Selling very cheap a brand new KOYO 55MM Dual Core Radiator for lancer, ATR or EVO for just $650 only.

Still in the box and never used before.

Excellent heat dissipitation as compare to stock radiator

Genuine buyer please and price is non-negiotable. All deals to be carry out in AMK area.

Interested, pls sms me at 91172408 to deal immediately.

Evo9161 said:
Uncle Kenny radiator spoilt huh.... is it because of accident? then must ask him quickly buy b4 its sold...
yah lor, must remind him to check if got warranty anot... cos he will be paying so much for it..

IceZone said:
uncle keny, thought u looking for radiator? this one can buy
Thanks for the recomendation. I know the price is good. The local distributor Mcwell claim their specs is 53MM for Evo, this is 55MM whether is it too thick and will it touch the turbo or the fan claim by some of the members here if the fan is too close it will melt. I got to do some researched. I know Koyo got the biggest core on the market and it is also the heaviest after putting the coolant in.

Evo9161 said:
Uncle Kenny radiator spoilt huh.... is it because of accident? then must ask him quickly buy b4 its sold...
Touch wood. I see many of my friends are changing their radiator and my hand are itchy want to follow. Its seem that during normal driving our stock radiator reading is always at 80 degree I want to lower this firgure.

Pikachu

Extreme Performance said:
Evo9161 said:
Touch wood. I see many of my friends are changing their radiator and my hand are itchy want to follow. Its seem that during normal driving our stock radiator reading is always at 80 degree I want to lower this firgure.
Increasing water volume in the water system is a good thing. However without changing the thermostat, lower the temp cut in for the fan and or getting a more powerful radiator fan, its only a matter of time that the water temp will get to 80 degree and in some situation more than 80C as it takes a longer time to cool down a larger volume of water.

IceZone said:
Thanks for the recomendation. I know the price is good. The local distributor Mcwell claim their specs is 53MM for Evo, this is 55MM whether is it too thick and will it touch the turbo or the fan claim by some of the members here if the fan is too close it will melt. I got to do some researched. I know Koyo got the biggest core on the market and it is also the heaviest after putting the coolant in.
Depending on who you ask, the same Koyo will be marketed as 53mm or 55mm. They are the same....product code should be R2676.

Pikachu said:
Evo9161 said:
Increasing water volume in the water system is a good thing. However without changing the thermostat, lower the temp cut in for the fan and or getting a more powerful radiator fan, its only a matter of time that the water temp will get to 80 degree and in some situation more than 80C as it takes a longer time to cool down a larger volume of water.
I have change the thermostat & radiator cap as for the fan is it necessary to change many of them I know did not do that.

turbocharged said:
IceZone said:
Depending on who you ask, the same Koyo will be marketed as 53mm or 55mm. They are the same....product code should be R2676.
Thanks for the feedback.

Pikachu said:
Evo9161 said:
I have check around and you are right about some of this issue mentioned here. A more powerful fan is very useful. We may also have to change to silicon hose. I also found out that it does not make much different if your car is driving on the street unless you drive fast on the highway.

Sirium

I also found out that it does not make much different if your car is driving on the street unless you drive fast on the highway.
Hi Keny, I think this is very mis-leading too. Driving fast on highway does not necessarily mean you that you are on boost all the time PLUS there should be sufficient air draining the heat out from car via the radiator and the oil cooler. Travelling on the NS highway have never seen me hitting any "dangerous" oil or water temp levels. BUT, my temps do rise with start / stop traffic jam situations (DUH!) on expressways, but I would not term that as "fast driving".

Driving fast on track.... ah... thats a different matter and different chapter.

p/s: I have changed to a Tomei oil thermostat. Radiator and oil cooler are still stock.

Pikachu

Pikachu said:
Evo9161 said:
I have check around and you are right about some of this issue mentioned here. A more powerful fan is very useful. We may also have to change to silicon hose. I also found out that it does not make much different if your car is driving on the street unless you drive fast on the highway.
I think changing silcon hoses not needed unless its for vanity purpose, or that your existing one needs to change, or you are tracking. Driving in the street makes the big difference because you don't really move fast enough for rushing air to dissipitate the heat away. Traffic jam is gonna kill off your temp as well. Tracking the worst because of the high rpm and constant boosting.....

I think highway driving dont have overheating problems like what Sirum has mention. Unless radiator, or fan or something going kaputs leow.

Sirium said:
I also found out that it does not make much different if your car is driving on the street unless you drive fast on the highway.
Hi Keny, I think this is very mis-leading too. Driving fast on highway does not necessarily mean you that you are on boost all the time PLUS there should be sufficient air draining the heat out from car via the radiator and the oil cooler. Travelling on the NS highway have never seen me hitting any "dangerous" oil or water temp levels. BUT, my temps do rise with start / stop traffic jam situations (DUH!) on expressways, but I would not term that as "fast driving".

Driving fast on track.... ah... thats a different matter and different chapter.

p/s: I have changed to a Tomei oil thermostat. Radiator and oil cooler are still stock.
Point noted. Thanks for the feedback. Regarding oil thermostat, I have done that already.

Pikachu said:
Pikachu said:
Evo9161 said:
I think changing silcon hoses not needed unless its for vanity purpose, or that your existing one needs to change, or you are tracking. Driving in the street makes the big difference because you don't really move fast enough for rushing air to dissipitate the heat away. Traffic jam is gonna kill off your temp as well. Tracking the worst because of the high rpm and constant boosting.....

I think highway driving dont have overheating problems like what Sirum has mention. Unless radiator, or fan or something going kaputs leow.
Thanks I got it. Hot weather is another problem & also when we rev the engine the water temp goes up very fast.