Noob question! NEED PRO ADVICE!!!

jkc310

Just a quick noob question. ok i would like 2 get a evo x just 2 say i own 1 but i don't wanna buy a turbocharged car i wanna start from scratch so the question is, if i got the 2.4 l gts and turbocharged it how would it compare to the turbocharged 2.0 l evo x?

jkc310

Another question, if the gts will never amount 2 an evo what is the biggest engine that could be put into the gts in order to compare or even destroy the evo?

mike1304k

I agree with Bro Wildarms too. Both cars have different chasis and different set ups. You can whack in a turbo into an NA and make it an Evo killer. But then the problem is that it will still be only able to handle a certain power level before really heavy mods on safety and set up have to come in to make the drive safe.

Nowadays there is in my mind no added honour in being able to tear such and such a car and so on. It is only a matter of how deep your pockets are and how far into the dark side you want to go into. But will you get a medal for being a scoobie or evo killer?

jkc310

mmkay weo another question is, can i put a 4b12 in the ralliart and turbocharge it to make it an evo killer?

Strangezz

jkc310 said:
mmkay weo another question is, can i put a 4b12 in the ralliart and turbocharge it to make it an evo killer?
You can buy a Chery QQ and make it an evo killer if you willing to spend the money...ANY car can be an evo killer with deep enough pockets. :roll:

jkc310

lol i doubt a chery qq cud b an evo killer but. i'm not really looking for an evo killer i want an evo but i don't want the turbocharged engine i wanna tune a engine from scratch and i want it to be above any other evo. so i was wonderin if i were to put a 4b12 engine in the ralliart, turbocharge, and intercool it would that put me above the average evo X owner?

P.S. just wanna have a evo that everyone will know!!

nismofans

Strangezz said:
jkc310 said:
You can buy a Chery QQ and make it an evo killer if you willing to spend the money...ANY car can be an evo killer with deep enough pockets. :roll:
there was a GTR killer in PG a number of years ago if anyone still remember. so options are plenty hehe.

Strangezz

jkc310 said:
lol i doubt a chery qq cud b an evo killer but. i'm not really looking for an evo killer i want an evo but i don't want the turbocharged engine i wanna tune a engine from scratch and i want it to be above any other evo. so i was wonderin if i were to put a 4b12 engine in the ralliart, turbocharge, and intercool it would that put me above the average evo X owner?

This 1985 Datsun pickup is powered by a R32 GTR RB26DETT engine. Wanna be famous? Drop a GTR engine in the ralliart... guarantee everyone in Singapore knows you! :D

Strangezz

nismofans said:
there was a GTR killer in PG a number of years ago if anyone still remember. so options are plenty hehe.
Bro...testing my memory arh? :lol:

You talking about the Proton Satrialution? :?

Rei

jkc310 said:

Juz something to think abt...u throw 50k in the ralliart n make it an evo killer but after the
evo got killed,he throw 10k in his car n kill u back...At the end of it,is it really worth it to
spend the kind of money n effort to do it?

burnings

jkc310 said:

I am confused at your qns. You want to buy an EVO, take out the engine and put in a NA engine and then mod it till like 800bhp so tat it is an above average evo hybrid?

First of all, you must know that the GTS engine is a saloon car engine and it is not meant to be TC and high horsepower. Even if you can achieve 600 - 800 bhp, how long can the engine last? A normal evo X with 2.2 or 2.3 stroker will blow you off the road. So why not just save the money and just buy stroker kit and strengthen the internal of your X.

Feelucky25

jkc310 said:

Just out of curiosity, how many cars have you owned?
Maybe you just migrated here (from a place where you can build a car from scratch) or just playing too many X-BOX games....

jkc310

well everyone claims that the ralliart is just a detuned evo so instead of swapping the 4b11 out of the evo i was wonderin if i could just do that to a ralliart. getting a turbocharged engine just seems like a headstart i want to start with a unmodded engine and i was wonderin if doin that with a 4b12 engine would be a good idea to put into an awd ralliart?

Feelucky25

jkc310 said:
well everyone claims that the ralliart is just a detuned evo so instead of swapping the 4b11 out of the evo i was wonderin if i could just do that to a ralliart. getting a turbocharged engine just seems like a headstart i want to start with a unmodded engine and i was wonderin if doin that with a 4b12 engine would be a good idea to put into an awd ralliart?
If i understand correctly, your statement in bold quoted.
You are trying to swap a turbo ready engine for a NA engine which i presume is for your Poly Mech Eng Project.
It's the same as swapping a GTR engine for a 370Z one.....
Please find something else to do for the sch holidays....

nismofans

Strangezz said:
nismofans said:
Bro...testing my memory arh? :lol:

You talking about the Proton Satrialution? :?
if i did not forget it was a daihatsu charade with dunno what powderful engine. but malaysia boleh loh so all permutations are possible hehehe

jkc310

Feelucky25 said:
jkc310 said:
If i understand correctly, your statement in bold quoted.
You are trying to swap a turbo ready engine for a NA engine which i presume is for your Poly Mech Eng Project.
It's the same as swapping a GTR engine for a 370Z one.....
Please find something else to do for the sch holidays....
NOT REALLY!! a gtr has a 3.8 l engine the 370 is 3.7 l y would u swap out for a smaller engine? if i swapped the 2.0l 4b11 out for a 2.4l 4b12 and turbocharged it just as the 4b11 is turbocharged in the evo.than the turbocharged 4b12 would have more horses than the turbocharged 4b11.

it's totally different because i would upgrade from a 2.0l to a 2.4 l the only dwngrade is the fact that the 4b11 is turbocharged and i would turbocharge the 2.4l 4b12 on my own dumbass!!

Feelucky25

:violent1: :violent1: :violent1: :violent1:

Oh, why didn't i think of that......Please do it and post your progress here, SMARTY....!!!!!
I'm sure all the bro's in the forum will congrat you on your achievements.
And if you are lucky, some racing team may be reading this forum and give you a job as their chief Mechanic...

Anyway, i'm too old to continue this technical argument.
Should not have commented in the first place.
I will just leave as such, to each his own.

Good Luck....