Need Help in resetting ECU

Hi,

Any one can advice how to (DYI) reset the ECU for an Airtrek?

Reason is that after changing the fuel filter, my airtrek's fuel consumption is sky high plus it is having very poor ideling (sometimes the car will stall).....

As the forum in airtrek has been very quiet, I thought of trying my luck here and hopefully the gurus here can advise.

BTW, the workshop who changed my fuel filter says that my airtrek is running rich and thus need to retune the ECU. As I am planning to scrap the car in the coming months, I am thinking of resetting the ECU rather than having it retune again (additional cost).....

REALLY appreciate if anyone here can advise.

Thanks in advance

ATR76ers said:
Hi,

Reason is that after changing the fuel filter, my airtrek's fuel consumption is sky high plus it is having very poor ideling (sometimes the car will stall).....

As the forum in airtrek has been very quiet, I thought of trying my luck here and hopefully the gurus here can advise.

BTW, the workshop who changed my fuel filter says that my airtrek is running rich and thus need to retune the ECU. As I am planning to scrap the car in the coming months, I am thinking of resetting the ECU rather than having it retune again (additional cost).....

Thanks in advance
Remove battery n reconnect back. That will reset ur fuel trims
As for stalling, look at ur owner's manual under battery maintenance - there is a sequence on how to let the car reset & relearn the idle within shortest time.
If my memory serves me right, it shd be:
1.Remove batt, reconnect back
2. Start car n let it idle without aircon till ur fans kick in then u off engine
3. Wait for 15 seconds n restart again & repeat step 2
4. Start engine n let it ilde without aircon 10mins n you are good to go

Pls note that this procedure will not work if u have modified your fan relay module to allow the fans to run full time

dvp said:
ATR76ers said:
Hi,

Thanks in advance
Remove battery n reconnect back. That will reset ur fuel trims
As for stalling, look at ur owner's manual under battery maintenance - there is a sequence on how to let the car reset & relearn the idle within shortest time.
If my memory serves me right, it shd be:
1.Remove batt, reconnect back
2. Start car n let it idle without aircon till ur fans kick in then u off engine
3. Wait for 15 seconds n restart again & repeat step 2
4. Start engine n let it ilde without aircon 10mins n you are good to go

Pls note that this procedure will not work if u have modified your fan relay module to allow the fans to run full time

Tks bro....do I need to disconnect both terminals or can I just remove one?

Tks bro....do I need to disconnect both terminals or can I just remove one?[/quote]

Jus one will do
Remove the negative terminal n connect back after a minute

dvp said:
Jus one will do
Remove the negative terminal n connect back after a minute[/quote]
Will give it a try...tks...you are indeed the guru...kudo

ATR76ers said:
dvp said:
Jus one will do
Remove the negative terminal n connect back after a minute
Will give it a try...tks...you are indeed the guru...kudo[/quote]

Cus i used to own an airtrek turbo last tine too
LOL