MacDonalds & HKS

panaracer

I write tis non-EVOlic article mainly for reading pleasures n digesting my thoughts, on a hazy Saturday afternoon. nothing to do w our ponies n boost(s).

It was known tat MD launched e Hello Kitty Series to tag alongside their Value Set Meal recently. it strikes me back vivid memories some 15 yrs ago when the most of singaporeans flocked to every assessable MD outlets to rush for those dust-collecting softies, n everyone was talking abt it; talking abt wat n where, how long e queues, which toy they missed....

I know now, after 15 good years, MD s using e same OLD promotion tactics to push up their sales. trust me, with better public knowledge on food n its origins these days, it is no wonder why whenever I passed by MD outlets in housing estates n in considerable town outlets, occupancy rate r way below 50%; not like those days. with today's skyhigh rentals from landlords, MD s paying similar (plus contracted) $psf, akin to those smaller biz who died-ed from high rental overhead component. tat results in lower sales intakes, thus MD s unable to meet high turnovers of yesteryears.

have MD really did a self-digging into their menu n ingredients (main contents of FOOD)? I ve already banned my kids (10 & 2yos) from ordering their beloved NUGGETS!!! why? I was so taken back, when my frd shared a youtube link w me, on how MD created its nuggets. PUI!!! it was like vomited out contents, then using starch to bond them together, then coated nice n beautiful to present it for a FRY!!!!!!!! then I was told by another frd, to do an experiment, with their FFs.

I went to ntuc to buy e smallest pkt of frozen ready-to-fry FRIES, then walk to nearby MD to purchase their FFs. quickly went home to FRY e ntuc pkt (told maid to get ready warming oil when I rush back). THEN? I left e MD fries n ntuc fries on two individual plates, n left them OPEN overnight on my dinning table.

next mrng when awake, (I think I am clever), I took a "soft" fries from e ntuc plate, hmm... ok la.... jus tat not hot n not crispy lor. n I intake e MD fries, ........... PUI PUI PUI!!!!! it taste like leather, QQ one. definitely not edible. bet if any readers here ve ever ate overnight MD FFs, u ll know wat I mean! not forgetting 90% of their food r DEEP FRIED!

now back to today's concerns. I jus read from today Straits Times Forum section, when a writer voices out exactly my tots on their current HKS tag-alongs w value meal. why r sporeans still flocking, overnight, to rush for these dust collectors? maybe (as a parent), u would argue w me tat yr daughter loves HK. yes, my daughter loves HK too. but without tis MD promo, my daughter still got her HKS n s growing up well. I did asked my daughter if she wants MD's HKS, she (27mths old, trust me, she's an overgrown baby) says "dun want. so many ppl ve alr." I was so surprised to see her reaction to her fav HK when she saw Sooooooooo many ppl queuing outside MD. n my ger asked me "daddy, why they buy food alr, then throw into dustbin". obviously, those ppl were paying a minimum entrance fee of $4.50 (cheapest s mc chicken set), then another $4.50 for a "less than S$1" product of china, TOTAL = S$9.00 minimum, only to throw into e bin n end up w a fur. then later it was complained online tat those softies were re-sold for as much as S$100!!!! I mean, is tis e right biz mindset? or, I mean, do u really need tat profit of $90? tis really reveals e ugly side of most sillyporeans, which I m ashamed too.

tis midnight HKS queues has led to arguments amongst other social problems like traffic jams n noises too. police had to be called in to control crowd, while tis resource can be better used to tackle e current problem of Singapore. in tis hazy conditions, I think ppl will respect Mac Donalds more, if they can distribute surgery mask (lowest costs)to any single purchase as repaying to the society, rather than creating an artificial social problem of showing more ugly sides of singaporeans. im aso dishearten to see those TKBs n other PRs, squeezing n pushing in e queues; learning all these from us siilporeans.

well, I take tis to voice my innermost thoughts. if I dun "vent" it here, I think it ll explode within myself. i do not write tis length to argue or against any evo buddies in here. jus sharing........

panaracer said:
I write tis non-EVOlic article mainly for reading pleasures n digesting my thoughts, on a hazy Saturday afternoon. nothing to do w our ponies n boost(s).

It was known tat MD launched e Hello Kitty Series to tag alongside their Value Set Meal recently. it strikes me back vivid memories some 15 yrs ago when the most of singaporeans flocked to every assessable MD outlets to rush for those dust-collecting softies, n everyone was talking abt it; talking abt wat n where, how long e queues, which toy they missed....

I know now, after 15 good years, MD s using e same OLD promotion tactics to push up their sales. trust me, with better public knowledge on food n its origins these days, it is no wonder why whenever I passed by MD outlets in housing estates n in considerable town outlets, occupancy rate r way below 50%; not like those days. with today's skyhigh rentals from landlords, MD s paying similar (plus contracted) $psf, akin to those smaller biz who died-ed from high rental overhead component. tat results in lower sales intakes, thus MD s unable to meet high turnovers of yesteryears.

have MD really did a self-digging into their menu n ingredients (main contents of FOOD)? I ve already banned my kids (10 & 2yos) from ordering their beloved NUGGETS!!! why? I was so taken back, when my frd shared a youtube link w me, on how MD created its nuggets. PUI!!! it was like vomited out contents, then using starch to bond them together, then coated nice n beautiful to present it for a FRY!!!!!!!! then I was told by another frd, to do an experiment, with their FFs.

I went to ntuc to buy e smallest pkt of frozen ready-to-fry FRIES, then walk to nearby MD to purchase their FFs. quickly went home to FRY e ntuc pkt (told maid to get ready warming oil when I rush back). THEN? I left e MD fries n ntuc fries on two individual plates, n left them OPEN overnight on my dinning table.

next mrng when awake, (I think I am clever), I took a "soft" fries from e ntuc plate, hmm... ok la.... jus tat not hot n not crispy lor. n I intake e MD fries, ........... PUI PUI PUI!!!!! it taste like leather, QQ one. definitely not edible. bet if any readers here ve ever ate overnight MD FFs, u ll know wat I mean! not forgetting 90% of their food r DEEP FRIED!

now back to today's concerns. I jus read from today Straits Times Forum section, when a writer voices out exactly my tots on their current HKS tag-alongs w value meal. why r sporeans still flocking, overnight, to rush for these dust collectors? maybe (as a parent), u would argue w me tat yr daughter loves HK. yes, my daughter loves HK too. but without tis MD promo, my daughter still got her HKS n s growing up well. I did asked my daughter if she wants MD's HKS, she (27mths old, trust me, she's an overgrown baby) says "dun want. so many ppl ve alr." I was so surprised to see her reaction to her fav HK when she saw Sooooooooo many ppl queuing outside MD. n my ger asked me "daddy, why they buy food alr, then throw into dustbin". obviously, those ppl were paying a minimum entrance fee of $4.50 (cheapest s mc chicken set), then another $4.50 for a "less than S$1" product of china, TOTAL = S$9.00 minimum, only to throw into e bin n end up w a fur. then later it was complained online tat those softies were re-sold for as much as S$100!!!! I mean, is tis e right biz mindset? or, I mean, do u really need tat profit of $90? tis really reveals e ugly side of most sillyporeans, which I m ashamed too.

tis midnight HKS queues has led to arguments amongst other social problems like traffic jams n noises too. police had to be called in to control crowd, while tis resource can be better used to tackle e current problem of Singapore. in tis hazy conditions, I think ppl will respect Mac Donalds more, if they can distribute surgery mask (lowest costs)to any single purchase as repaying to the society, rather than creating an artificial social problem of showing more ugly sides of singaporeans. im aso dishearten to see those TKBs n other PRs, squeezing n pushing in e queues; learning all these from us siilporeans.

well, I take tis to voice my innermost thoughts. if I dun "vent" it here, I think it ll explode within myself. i do not write tis length to argue or against any evo buddies in here. jus sharing........
Well written bro , but the world nowadays only works around one thing --- $$$ . Everything is base on profit . Even if a particular car model is damn good damn famous but if it does not generate enough profit --- they won't make it . it is that simple. :p

panaracer

NoobIX said:
Well written bro , but the world nowadays only works around one thing --- $$$ . Everything is base on profit . Even if a particular car model is damn good damn famous but if it does not generate enough profit --- they won't make it . it is that simple. :p
I cannot agree more w yr statement. jus like the Hondas w their SiR, n type Rs. they ve stopped making alr, n only comes out of their production lines w bread n butter cars. no more MRS, no more CELICAs. only hybrids n so-called environmental friendly cars. even our Evos got no more continuation alr, only saying e Evo XI s going to be hybrids too. :( :(