Fender Rolling

Hi all,

Anyone did rolled their rear fenders? i am running on 18x 9 +29 offset, Tires are 245s, and the rears rub like a bitch with 2 passengers in the back. (on stock suspension). Went to Ah lye to roll my rear, (his worker did it for me, Ah lye was not around) and now it rubs only when i have 3 passengers behind. Not sure if i can roll the fenders anymore.

Any suggestions to where/how/who to solve this problem?

Pikachu

blackcvt said:
Hi all,

Anyone did rolled their rear fenders? i am running on 18x 9 +29 offset, and the rears rub like a bitch with 2 passengers in the back. (on stock suspension). Went to Ah lye to roll my rear, (his worker did it for me, Ah lye was not around) and now it rubs only when i have 3 passengers behind. Not sure if i can roll the fenders anymore.

change your shocks that has the ability to electronically adjust your shock stiffness....Tien or Tanabe has this option....dont know about HKS or Cusco.....

Pikachu said:
change your shocks that has the ability to electronically adjust your shock stiffness....Tien or Tanabe has this option....dont know about HKS or Cusco.....
Didnt expect the stock suspension to be that soft :D

blackcvt said:
Hi all,

Anyone did rolled their rear fenders? i am running on 18x 9 +29 offset, Tires are 245s, and the rears rub like a bitch with 2 passengers in the back. (on stock suspension). Went to Ah lye to roll my rear, (his worker did it for me, Ah lye was not around) and now it rubs only when i have 3 passengers behind. Not sure if i can roll the fenders anymore.

run camber la...

im runing 19X9 with 245 tyres and it dun rub..

im thinking of changing to 255 liao.. hehe..

ejay20tee

Anyway...its the offset that is wrong....
If u wan...call me..u can machine ur rims, might sound stupid, but i did it for my TE37 then...

Ah lye recommended.
:D

Pikachu

blackcvt said:
Pikachu said:
Didnt expect the stock suspension to be that soft :D
But with the adjusting thingy at lease it would go down so fast mah.....tire rubbing fender is damn irritating.....

ejay20tee

Soft or hard, the tyres must not rub the fenders at any cuircumstances.
If u r flying on the NSHW at 180km/h, u hit a dip, the rear bottoms out, ur tyres rub, gets torn off by the fender....rest u can imagine.

It happened to me once, my S03's sideblocks got shredded off.

Vetduck

You got rims that give the GTR look? With that kind of offset, sure will rub. Definitely need to roll the fenders. Maybe running a little more camber at the back would help eliminate the rubbing.

Vetduck said:
You got rims that give the GTR look? With that kind of offset, sure will rub. Definitely need to roll the fenders. Maybe running a little more camber at the back would help eliminate the rubbing.
yah.. mine are the GTR faced.. infact.. already rolled.. still rubs with passengers in the backseat... guess i have to fork out money for suspension now :(

ejay20tee

blackcvt said:
Vetduck said:
yah.. mine are the GTR faced.. infact.. already rolled.. still rubs with passengers in the backseat... guess i have to fork out money for suspension now :(
Gary...with shocks u still cant solve the problem.
Its ur offset.
Only way is to machine off. Or get a new set of rims.

Pikachu

ejay20tee said:
blackcvt said:
Vetduck said:
Gary...with shocks u still cant solve the problem.
Its ur offset.
Only way is to machine off. Or get a new set of rims.
Shock will help to a certain extend but not solve. basically if the damper rating is set hard, the damping travel will be reduced....but the back passengers butt will be another story....... :D

Pikachu

Vetduck said:
I'm not entirely sure if it'll work, but if you run more camber at the back, it should help to prevent the rubbing.
Running too much camber may also not be good as this will reduce tire contact on the surface. This may lead to a loose rear end during straight high speed run unless it is compansated by a toe in. with too much negative camber plus toe in means the rear end tires will wear out faster.

I would still fall back to ejay20tee's suggestion of changing the wheel offset.

ejay20tee said:
Anyway...its the offset that is wrong....
If u wan...call me..u can machine ur rims, might sound stupid, but i did it for my TE37 then...

Ah lye recommended.
:D
Many people from the US forums are also running on my exact offset and rims and tires, and they have rolled their fenders as well. No rubbing leh (so they claim)

The only difference is that they are on coils/springs and im on springs... machine the rims abit too heart pain, if you know what i mean :D

Hi all,

You may like to try Fender Roll Bros (Whatsapp 9002 9923). In a Sheltered Bungalow (Home-Based: night appointments also can) , very family oriented, comfortable and a family of cars lovers and a strong passion for cars. $50 each side. They will roll, hammer and trim to the MAXIMUM for you so that you no need to worry anything in the FUTURE at no additional costs. just $50. Good quality workmanship by 2 singaporean car experts.

You may like to try Fender Roll Bros (Whatsapp 9002 9923). In a Sheltered Bungalow (Home-Based: night appointments also can) , very family oriented, comfortable and a family of cars lovers and a strong passion for cars. $50 each side. They will roll, hammer and trim to the MAXIMUM for you so that you no need to worry anything in the FUTURE at no additional costs. just $50. Good quality workmanship by 2 singaporean car experts.

Running too much camber may also not be good as this will reduce tire contact on the surface. This may lead to a loose rear end during straight high speed run unless it is compansated by a toe in. with too much negative camber plus toe in means the rear end tires will wear out faster.

I would still fall back to ejay20tee's suggestion of changing the wheel offset.