Ecu tuning by Gary

Just got my tuning done by Gary and i must say it made a big different from the tune by another tuner. Car is very smooth to drive and can really feel more power. Plus Gary is such a nice guy, very patience and explain to you what exactly is going on with your car and what he is doing to the tune to correct it or make it better. Always with a smile and will answer all your questions in detail. I must say i am very impressed and happy with his tune. Plus he is always available to contact him in case of problem unlike other tuners from previous experience. once they earn your money and thats it. Hard to contact them if you happen to encounter any problem. I highly recommend Gary if anyone is looking to tune their cars. No regrets guaranteed . Finally i wanna say thanks again Gary if you are reading this thread. You made my day. Cheers. His contact is 94555970 if you wanna contact him. No harm having a chat with him to see if it suits your needs. He's always happy to answer all queries. :lol:

seafury89 said:
Just got my tuning done by Gary and i must say it made a big different from the tune by another tuner. Car is very smooth to drive and can really feel more power. Plus Gary is such a nice guy, very patience and explain to you what exactly is going on with your car and what he is doing to the tune to correct it or make it better. Always with a smile and will answer all your questions in detail. I must say i am very impressed and happy with his tune. Plus he is always available to contact him in case of problem unlike other tuners from previous experience. once they earn your money and thats it. Hard to contact them if you happen to encounter any problem. I highly recommend Gary if anyone is looking to tune their cars. No regrets guaranteed . Finally i wanna say thanks again Gary if you are reading this thread. You made my day. Cheers. His contact is 94555970 if you wanna contact him. No harm having a chat with him to see if it suits your needs. He's always happy to answer all queries. :lol:
Bro, thanks for your kind words and glad you like the tune. Enjoy your ride! :)

DextAa

rs200z said:
seafury89 said:
Bro, thanks for your kind words and glad you like the tune. Enjoy your ride! :)

Well deserved it........... thumbs up......... If no good all wouldn't switch "camps".....

I'm driving an SST. Stock turbo. Stock actuator.

Had problems with boost spike. At mid rpm, about 3000-4000rpm, if I WOT suddenly by jabbing the throttle, boost would spike all the way to 2bar almost. Was on ecutek. Couldn't catch the boost spike. So I went to get an HKS EVC. Went to ST Powered to get the thing tuned. Even changed to another stock actuator as we suspected that the hardware had issues. Still spikes to 2 bar when I jab the throttle.

Been reading online that 3 port solenoid and open source tuning by certain tuners can solve the issue.

So I finally made the decision to swap to a 3 port solenoid and get it tuned by Gary. After a day of dyno tune, guess what? Still spike! Hahahha

At this point in time, any other tuner would just blame it on hardware already.

But not Gary!

I called him and we met up the very same night. We went for a road tune. I simulated the conditions that made the boost spike. A few more runs and tweaks, we managed to catch the boost! Car then became super smooth, holding boost at my desired level of 1.5 bar.

Next day, I found some minor knocking due to high load low rpm as I like to shift up too early and lazy to shift down gears. Went back to Gary again and he tuned out the knocks within half an hour without any compliants.

Super friendly guy. Meticulous. Genuine.

Highly recommended.

If need to talk to me, pm me for my number!

Ps. Finally can track the car in peace

Keet said:
I'm driving an SST. Stock turbo. Stock actuator.

Had problems with boost spike. At mid rpm, about 3000-4000rpm, if I WOT suddenly by jabbing the throttle, boost would spike all the way to 2bar almost. Was on ecutek. Couldn't catch the boost spike. So I went to get an HKS EVC. Went to ST Powered to get the thing tuned. Even changed to another stock actuator as we suspected that the hardware had issues. Still spikes to 2 bar when I jab the throttle.

Been reading online that 3 port solenoid and open source tuning by certain tuners can solve the issue.

So I finally made the decision to swap to a 3 port solenoid and get it tuned by Gary. After a day of dyno tune, guess what? Still spike! Hahahha

At this point in time, any other tuner would just blame it on hardware already.

But not Gary!

I called him and we met up the very same night. We went for a road tune. I simulated the conditions that made the boost spike. A few more runs and tweaks, we managed to catch the boost! Car then became super smooth, holding boost at my desired level of 1.5 bar.

Next day, I found some minor knocking due to high load low rpm as I like to shift up too early and lazy to shift down gears. Went back to Gary again and he tuned out the knocks within half an hour without any compliants.

Super friendly guy. Meticulous. Genuine.

Highly recommended.

If need to talk to me, pm me for my number!

Ps. Finally can track the car in peace
Cause of overboost was your silencer?

Nope. Without silencor also will spike. Wasn't the silencor. Some say actuator, some say my exhaust too restrictive. I'm just glad problem is solved liao.

I think stock solenoid and EVC both couldn't catch the sudden boost increase when I induce too much load at mid rpm.

But coming out of turn 9 and 15, sure jab throttle mah. So better that don't have the spike lah.

At first Gary's tune also couldn't hold the spike. But we retuned on the road to get rid of it. Not sure how he do also. Something got to do with lowering the boost duty cycle. Hahaha. But good job. Dunno why other tuners and stock solenoid couldn't do it

A

Anonymous

Took the forums advice and went to Gary. No regrets. I had an overboosting problem that even a big garage couldn't diagnose or fix.

Now even after a baseline tune the car is fixed and then some. The power is so accessible, and there's so much of it. Previously I couldn't hit 1.4 bar without triggering limp mode. Now I do 1.75 with no issues.

Forget your mainstream garages, go for Gary.

ILMEX said:
Took the forums advice and went to Gary. No regrets. I had an overboosting problem that even a big garage couldn't diagnose or fix.

Now even after a baseline tune the car is fixed and then some. The power is so accessible, and there's so much of it. Previously I couldn't hit 1.4 bar without triggering limp mode. Now I do 1.75 with no issues.

Forget your mainstream garages, go for Gary.
Pls PM me thw price

Had a tune with him also .

Worth every single penny !! :lol:
Also very helpful guy . Even to the extend he follows up with me after the tune .

Like what the other bros mention , he don't just disappear after the tune .
He gives after sales service somemore :)

Actually most tuners still follow up and allow for retunes to make sure no pinging and stuff. Gary (among others) is one of them.

I haven't had any tuners disappear on me before.

Keet said:
Actually most tuners still follow up and allow for retunes to make sure no pinging and stuff. Gary (among others) is one of them.

I haven't had any tuners disappear on me before.

Haha maybe i sway ...... :(

Cause last time i wanted help , i was told that the tuning is like that one ..... So LL lor , just continue driving it the way it is . hehe .

Indeed a friendly and helpful tuner.

Met him along with a few bros earlier to check on something and he even diagnose for me on the spot.
Thumbs up :bounce:

Recently did my tuning with Gary too. I must say the car now is a very different machine altogether. Boost comes in early, moving off is a breeze, boost levels very stable no more spikes. So far till date have been driving around and there is always a smile on my face. Hahahaha.

Just did a tune with Gary. My car's previous tune by another tuner was intentionally requested to be a safe and very conservative tune for an uncle driving a near-stock car. Smooth tune but low end was a bit lethargic, peak torque came quite late.

After Gary's tune, turbo spools noticeably earlier, turbo transient response improved. I am not too bothered about peak numbers, not fair to compare as well since i asked the previous tuner to hold back on his tune, but the car's driveability has definitely improved after Gary's tune!