Coe renewal for Evo 9 that expired on Jan 2017

#1
Hi guys,

Dilemma here. My e9 mr rs expires in Jan 2017. But the prevailing PQP is now $46k if I renew now and a $48k if I renew in June.

Renewing now means I forgo my remaining 8 months of Coe.

So, advice needed from all you folks on whether I should renew now or wait and cross my fingers that the Coe price will fall further.

Thanks!!
 
#2
Wait another 2 months & see how it goes
It takes the moving average 3 months so u have another 4 rounds of coe results to consider
 

jezter

Well-Known Member
#4
it's like a gamble, unless u know the trend well. wasting 8 months not really worth it, wait a month or so first.

i renewed mine at 70+ last May, cos expired in June 15. So all the months the coe sucked, i rather renew with my dependable 4G63 then get a new car n stuck with new loan. Now breathing air and eating grass. :bom:

Cheers!!
 

AhBao9388

Well-Known Member
#5
bought my evo oct last yr to gamble for the drop in coe and haha spot on and renewed on april this yr which was the expired date of the car.
 
#6
Renewed mine at 58k plus in Jan this year.

Would have saved more than 10k had I waited till April or May. But no regrets. Didn't want to take the risk.

End of the day, depends on how much is your threshold and how much the car means to you. If it means a lot to you (for me, it's probably going to be my car for life or at least for another COE cycle after these 10 years), better renew at a level you feel comfortable with, even if you have to forfeit your PARF. No one can really predict how much COE will climb, especially with intervention from government and all the competition in bidding from Uber and the like. On the other hand, if you are just sitting on the fence and don't mind a change if you can't renew, then wait and take a gamble.
 
#7
jeffy_11 said:
Hi guys,

Dilemma here. My e9 mr rs expires in Jan 2017. But the prevailing PQP is now $46k if I renew now and a $48k if I renew in June.

Renewing now means I forgo my remaining 8 months of Coe.

So, advice needed from all you folks on whether I should renew now or wait and cross my fingers that the Coe price will fall further.

Thanks!!
hi there! exactly same as u, mine is mr rs registered in jan 2017 too. i renewed at 46k pqp, sort of regret but whatever, i cant afford anything decent too
 
#8
revolverocelot said:
jeffy_11 said:
Hi guys,

Dilemma here. My e9 mr rs expires in Jan 2017. But the prevailing PQP is now $46k if I renew now and a $48k if I renew in June.

Renewing now means I forgo my remaining 8 months of Coe.

So, advice needed from all you folks on whether I should renew now or wait and cross my fingers that the Coe price will fall further.

Thanks!!
hi there! exactly same as u, mine is mr rs registered in jan 2017 too. i renewed at 46k pqp, sort of regret but whatever, i cant afford anything decent too
Hi bro,

Well at least you've renewed at the cheapest PQP ya? I'll be going down later to renew mine but at $48K.....
at least you know there's another buddy here who has renewed his evo ya?

:wink:
 
#9
sgslowestevo said:
Renewed mine at 58k plus in Jan this year.

Would have saved more than 10k had I waited till April or May. But no regrets. Didn't want to take the risk.

End of the day, depends on how much is your threshold and how much the car means to you. If it means a lot to you (for me, it's probably going to be my car for life or at least for another COE cycle after these 10 years), better renew at a level you feel comfortable with, even if you have to forfeit your PARF. No one can really predict how much COE will climb, especially with intervention from government and all the competition in bidding from Uber and the like. On the other hand, if you are just sitting on the fence and don't mind a change if you can't renew, then wait and take a gamble.
Well said bro! I'm going to renew my car later today....
worst come to worst, just scrap and get back the pro-rated COE rebate (coupled with a big heart ache)

thanks for the reply bro! :wink:
 
#10
jeffy_11 said:
sgslowestevo said:
Renewed mine at 58k plus in Jan this year.

Would have saved more than 10k had I waited till April or May. But no regrets. Didn't want to take the risk.

End of the day, depends on how much is your threshold and how much the car means to you. If it means a lot to you (for me, it's probably going to be my car for life or at least for another COE cycle after these 10 years), better renew at a level you feel comfortable with, even if you have to forfeit your PARF. No one can really predict how much COE will climb, especially with intervention from government and all the competition in bidding from Uber and the like. On the other hand, if you are just sitting on the fence and don't mind a change if you can't renew, then wait and take a gamble.
Well said bro! I'm going to renew my car later today....
worst come to worst, just scrap and get back the pro-rated COE rebate (coupled with a big heart ache)

thanks for the reply bro! :wink:
Good choice!
Keeping an Evo is always a good decision :lol:
 
#11
Ive renewed my car....

48K but I feel damn relieved that I did. :) I saved another evo from the scrap yard... hee hee
 

Attachments

Similar threads