AP or alcon 6pot or?

can any1 advise me on e pros n cons of the above brake sets n their? i understand that alcon brake can only fit alcon brake pads. or r there beta recommendations beside these 2 brands that can clear 17" stock evo rims?

Vetduck

If you're considering either AP or Alcons, then I would suggest Alcon 6pot. It has the biggest rotors you can fit into the stock 17ins. 343mm rotors.

Alcons come with Ferodos 2500 which I feel are good enough use on track. I've not had brake fade after I switch to Alcons. You don't need to brake as hard to achieve the same braking effect compared to stock Brembos.

masschaoz

Vetduck said:
If you're considering either AP or Alcons, then I would suggest Alcon 6pot. It has the biggest rotors you can fit into the stock 17ins. 343mm rotors.

Alcons come with Ferodos 2500 which I feel are good enough use on track. I've not had brake fade after I switch to Alcons. You don't need to brake as hard to achieve the same braking effect compared to stock Brembos.
bro.. alcon got rear 4 pot anot?

Vetduck

masschaoz said:
Vetduck said:

Yup. Only recently available in Singapore. Rear 4 pot comes with rotors which AP doesn't. The rotors are a massive 330mm!

masschaoz

Vetduck said:
masschaoz said:
Vetduck said:

Yup. Only recently available in Singapore. Rear 4 pot comes with rotors which AP doesn't. The rotors are a massive 330mm!
hmm.. u noe whats the damage $$ for the entire package?

Vetduck said:

yo bro, r u using alcon front 6pot urself? hope to be able to try it out myself. ive tried ap6pot monoblock b4. wanna c e diff in response

Vetduck

iori_11 said:
Vetduck said:

yo bro, r u using alcon front 6pot urself? hope to be able to try it out myself. ive tried ap6pot monoblock b4. wanna c e diff in response
Is AP brake caliper a monoblock? I though only Alcon was monoblock, correct me if I'm wrong. I've never tried APs, but Alcons give a good brake feel, that much I can tell.

lwpz

iori_11 said:
can any1 advise me on e pros n cons of the above brake sets n their? i understand that alcon brake can only fit alcon brake pads. or r there beta recommendations beside these 2 brands that can clear 17" stock evo rims?
I recommend Alcon.. so far IMHO.. it's the best brake kit out there to fit 17" wheels. :D

Darkevo

lwpz said:
I recommend Alcon.. so far IMHO.. it's the best brake kit out there to fit 17" wheels. :D
Hi Pin, as you've been using the Alcons for some time now..are there, or will there be any different grades of alcon brake kits that'll come to Spore for the evo? cherz

lwpz

Darkevo said:
lwpz said:
Hi Pin, as you've been using the Alcons for some time now..are there, or will there be any different grades of alcon brake kits that'll come to Spore for the evo? cherz
Hi Ray.. Different grades of brake kits?? Hmmm.. Not too sure what you mean.. care to elaborate??

The kits that are being sold in Singapore is known as the "Alcon Advantage" kits. The front evo kit is the exact same design as the front brake kit on the FQ400 (E8)... There are kits for the Subaru WRX STi, 350Z.. and even for some contis..

More info @ http://www.maximusracing.com/

The only other information I could find was on alcon race calipers.. Those calipers cost about 30~40% more than the current kits.. so in fact these kits are value for money..

Darkevo

lwpz said:
The only other information I could find was on alcon race calipers.. Those calipers cost about 30~40% more than the current kits.. so in fact these kits are value for money..
That's close to what i meant bro, cheers. Will check out the alcons frm my associates in the UK as well...i tend to incline towards manufacturers with a well-documented history of R&D and racing heritage..

Incidentally, a friend of mine showed me a March copy of Taiwan's "Option" magazine n i saw a full-pg advert by Brembo promoting their GT kits; w half the page below chastising a reknown german sports car manufacturer (logo and car model revealed) for it's own braking system, c/w supporting technical bits n aptly titled "...ni bu ke bu chi" (...facts you have to know) :)

Wish we hv such transparent press regs in Spore..common almost everywhere else. anyway..i digressed

lwpz said:
iori_11 said:
yo bro, i understand tat alcon calipers can only fit in alcon brake pads. is tis true? it cant fit in other brands of pads.

lwpz

iori_11 said:
lwpz said:
iori_11 said:
yo bro, i understand tat alcon calipers can only fit in alcon brake pads. is tis true? it cant fit in other brands of pads.
Yes that's true.. but it's the same situation for most major brake companies... they make a pad to fit their own caliper. Alcon offer a Ferodo and SBS compounds.. I think Pagid too.. 8)

i tink carbotech is making something for alcon as well and apparently carbotech is pretty good shit. but they would not be cheap though

juz sharing

nismofans said:
i tink carbotech is making something for alcon as well and apparently carbotech is pretty good shit. but they would not be cheap though

juz sharing
ur bro, then wat have u bought for ur brake set? u also need 1. :)