anyone using hks bov?

demonyi

heard tat our x cannot use BOV is tat true? anyone on hks bov? is there any problem? check light or anything? wanted to fix a bov pls help tnks

CountDooku

Staff member
Unless you are running a standalone ECU (HKS FCON Vpro, Motec), or a seperate MAP instead of MAF sensor,
i would not recommand any aftermarket BOV to be used with the X. The trouble that comes associated with an
aftermarket BOV install on a stock Evo X ECU (ECUflash, ECUtek included) is not worth the sound that you get
with its install.

Recirculate mode or not, you will trigger a P1241 torque overload at partial throttle cel due to the sensitivity
of the stock ECU's torque limiting restriction. Personally, I've experienced this infamous issue with my HKS SQV3.
Removing the HKS BOV and reinstalling the stock BOV eliminated the problem immediately.

My HKS SQV3 BOV is now sitting in one corner, while I'm enjoy a more stable ride with the stock BOV (which i hear is so good it can withstand
up to 400 wheel BHP) without so much as triggering a P1241 CEL whenever I go soft on the throttle.

fq400

CountDooku said:
Unless you are running a standalone ECU (HKS FCON Vpro, Motec), or a seperate MAP instead of MAF sensor,
i would not recommand any aftermarket BOV to be used with the X. The trouble that comes associated with an
aftermarket BOV install on a stock Evo X ECU (ECUflash, ECUtek included) is not worth the sound that you get
with its install.

Recirculate mode or not, you will trigger a P1241 torque overload at partial throttle cel due to the sensitivity
of the stock ECU's torque limiting restriction. Personally, I've experienced this infamous issue with my HKS SQV3.
Removing the HKS BOV and reinstalling the stock BOV eliminated the problem immediately.

My HKS SQV3 BOV is now sitting in one corner, while I'm enjoy a more stable ride with the stock BOV (which i hear is so good it can withstand
up to 400 wheel BHP) without so much as triggering a P1241 CEL whenever I go soft on the throttle.

don't need let the SQV3 sit in one corner, it can sit inside my ride....give it to me!! thanks.... :twisted:

Good info bro... :wink:

dvp

demonyi

so which is better? hks for better high boost? Or Syn for better response? or turbosmart?

any bro on hks sqv after u fix any diff on ur ride? hold boost better, response, stable? or is it just the sound. i love the sound haha.

BadBatzMaru

CountDooku said:
with its install.

Wan to sell ur SQV 3?? hehehee

BBM

BadBatzMaru

Hmmm.....so far the SQV II I m using no CEL issue....

Mayb in the long run then will haf problems bah?? But until now.....so far no issues.

My SSQV is not on Recirculation. Its on Vent to Atmosphere.

BBM

BadBatzMaru

demonyi said:
so which is better? hks for better high boost? Or Syn for better response? or turbosmart?

any bro on hks sqv after u fix any diff on ur ride? hold boost better, response, stable? or is it just the sound. i love the sound haha.

I installed for the Sound!! hehe

BBM

fq400

demonyi said:
by the way is HKS hi power exhaust loud? which is the loudest?:lol: :lol:

Any exos can be LOUD by doing some other "stuffs"...haha but if you are looking at legal exos, JIC, followed by Hi-power and Trust... :lol:

wildarms

no lah JIC where got loud ....hi power louder..haha

fq400 said:
demonyi said:
by the way is HKS hi power exhaust loud? which is the loudest?:lol: :lol:

Any exos can be LOUD by doing some other "stuffs"...haha but if you are looking at legal exos, JIC, followed by Hi-power and Trust... :lol: