ACD Service Required Warning

cstan

Bros,

Lately, my 2008 Evo X GSR (5MT) (with 240,000 km mileage) starts showing the "ACD Service Required" warning on the display. Most of the time the warning shows up the moment I start the car. Occasionally, the warning shows up after I drive the car for a few minutes. A few times, the warning does not show up at all and the ACD seems to function normally.

I took the car to my regular workshop and I was advised that I had to replace my ACD pump at a cost of $2900. And it will be $3300 with labour.

Do you think the above costs are reasonable?

Regards,
CS Tan

Acd pump not so easy spoilt in our climate. Check 1.battries and sensor 2. Brake pad 3. Brake fluid before really diagnose as acd pump failure. Who knows it can be other problems. BTW which WS dignose ur Acd pump?

Thanks Heavenspirit for the response.

The workshop that concluded I had a ACD pump failure is located in Admiralty Street. I took my car to another workshop in Enterprise Hub and I was told that the ACD pump needed a replacement. I have since ordered for a new ACD pump.

After visiting the the Admiralty Street workshop, I did change to a new car battery, change the tires and have an alignment done. My brake pads were 3 months old.

I didn't check the brake fluid and sensors though.

Regards.
CS Tan

Heavenspirit said:
Acd pump not so easy spoilt in our climate. Check 1.battries and sensor 2. Brake pad 3. Brake fluid before really diagnose as acd pump failure. Who knows it can be other problems. BTW which WS dignose ur Acd pump?